Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Saturday 20 December 2014

Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer

Good morning all.

Yesterday I was gobsmacked to find the get well card I'd made for my cousin had been ShowCASed at Less is More to say I was thrilled is an understatement!!  I finally got some decorations put up too, I must admit to not going the whole hog this year...I just couldn't be bothered with the hassle!! 

Off to the hairdresser's this morning, then I may need an afternoon snooze before we head off down the road for the party!

Today's share is an MDF reindeer - I'm not too happy with how it turned out but it will have to do this year and I may redo it for next Christmas.


The blank MDF came from Anna Marie Designs. After painting with gesso I used various acrylics, crackle glaze and distressed inks....at this point it didn't look too bad then I decided to use a satin finish to protect it which made all the DI run so the crackle all disappeared. You live and learn!
For the base I used texture paste and covered it with diamond dust whilst it was still wet. The snow people are Christmas cake decorations and the sign was broken off a Christmas ornament.
Now guess who has inky fingers just when I don't need them!!

Challenges entered:
2 Creative chicks - make an ornament
Decorate to Celebrate - anything 3D goes
All Crafts Challenge - anything but a card

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful creation Carol just love this ..great colours and design.xx
    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous and loving the snow people. Have a wonderful time at the party.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reindeer Carol. We crafters never learn do we? I have done this so often, just do one more thing ......... But Rudolph looks absolutely fine so there's no need to worry about him. I put my tree up today and I'll be putting a few other things around but this year, like you, I'm going to go low key - I simply don't have the time or the energy I'm afraid! Enjoy the party. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very jolly reindeer Carol.
    I hope you all have a wonderful day.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Carol. I love the snowmen.
    I hope you have a good evening.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun at the party. We put a few decorations up but not the tree. I couldn't stand the hassle of someone with exrtreme OCD putting each bauble on in just the right place!! Don't mention the Christmas lights either ! hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Carol, what an amazing creation. I would like to say thank you for all the inspirations post you have made and all the fabulous comments you have left on my blog. Wishing you a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is fun Carol - really lovely! Big hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! such an adorable project Carol:) Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate and Happy Holidays!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x