Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Thursday 15 January 2015

Imagination Crafts "January Mid Way Inspiration"

Good morning all.

Another nice day here yesterday but it didn't half blow a hoolie last night!
My craft room is in working order again and I'm hoping to spend some time crafting today...I need to crack on with some DT projects so I'm not rushing around at the last minute. Found a space for my new light box and finally worked out how to use it after consulting the internet...the instructions included were a lot of help! So we'll see how well it works.

 Here is my mid month inspiration post for Imagination Crafts.
Our theme is always anything goes and the winner will receive a £40 voucher to spend in the Imagination Crafts Shop.

I've upcycled a humble jam jar.


I used Martha Stewart moulds and aqua sea Sparkle Medium to make the two blue snowflakes...these do take a day or two to dry out so prepare them in advance. The snowman is made with texture paste and coloured with promarkers, again this took several days to dry.
The jar was covered with gel medium, crackle glaze and another layer of gel medium, allowing each layer to dry. I then used distress inks to colour. More gel was added around the neck and glitter was added. I then used stamps from the Snowman Decoupage stamp set to stamp snowflakes around the jar with versamark and heat embossed with white detail EP. 
The white snowflake is a tree decoration, ribbon is from my stash. Sentiment is also from the Snowman Decoupage Stamp set. Die cute is from Spellbinders.


Challenges entered:
Artist Trading Post - fresh beginnings (stamping on glass)
WOW - DIY-decor
Recycle, Re-Purpose and Re-Invent - anything goes with recycling
Not Just Cards - anything goes
CRAFT - Christmas
Craft my Life - anything but a card
Decorate to Celebrate - anything goes
Craft-Dee BowZ - anything goes with a hand tied bow
Sparkle and Sprinkle - anything goes with loose glitter, EP or flocking
Holly Jolly - ornaments

34 comments:

  1. This is fabulous, what a brilliant idea too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautifully decorated jar. I love the snowflakes and wonderful sparkle.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great project Carol, love the snowflakes and snowman. I have some jars waiting to alter when I get around to it! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning alteration, Carol!! your snowflakes are so.... attractive :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous jar Carol, so pretty and perfect for Christmas gift giving.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous altered jar . Hope the craft stash is sorted out now xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ab Fab xx been blowing a gale here too x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely brilliant project, love it, very effective.
    A really WILD day here

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, I just adore the upcycled bottle. Loving the sparkly snowflakes too.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thst's so pretty Carol....it's amazing how items can be transformed xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful Project, love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very pretty project Carol, love all the wonderful embellishments, hugsKate x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic jar Carol it looks amazing love the snowflake and image, super, super make
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful transformation, lovely idea, thanks so much for joining us at ATP exchange. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so pretty Carol, lovely snowflakes and sparkle.
    It must feel good having completed sorting out your craft room - now you can make it all untidy again!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic winter project, the jar looks so pretty . Thank you for joining us at the ATP Exchange.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! such a lovely project and a great way to recycle those jars. Thank you for joining Decorate to Celebrate and hope to see you again:)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! I now want to know if you put the SM straight into the MS mould or add the SM to the die cut. Will check with you when I can, lol. Love this so much - it seems we are both dabbling our toes and fingers off the page and onto stuff! I will be saving some jars to alter now xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow jar creation Carol. The snowflakes look amazing and such a cute wee snowman, love it. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is a fabulous creation Carol - really wonderful! Love it! Big hugs to you! Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Carol, just thought I'd stop by to say I love your re-cycled jar! this makes a great Christmas decoration. Love the little snowman!
    Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. A beautiful jar. I love making jars so great to see more inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great project!
    Thanks for entering our Not Just Card Challenge this week!
    Monica - DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. Carol this is just beautiful!!! What a wonderful way to recycle. Thanks so much for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge, hope to see you next month!!

    Hugs,
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  25. A very neat idea! Great way to re-purpose a handy household object! Love all the sparkle! Thanks for playing along with us at Holly Jolly!
    Tracey, DT

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous altered art piece. So glad you shared it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! Beautiful way to upcycle a jar!
    Thank you for joining us at Decorate to Celebrate!
    Lilian
    http://TheLeafStudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love recycling things and making them new again! Your project is very creative and love how this turned out. Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. We look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work. Hugs, Barbara { Craft-Dee BowZ}

    ReplyDelete
  29. aw so sweet! Love the snowman and the sparkle on those snowflakes is great! Thank you for joining us at CRAFT challenge blog! Irene DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. I adore this project. I love snowmen, I love snowflakes, I love blue, I love ribbon....this is fabulous. Now how come none of my friends make me something like this for Christmas? I'm sending this post to all of them and saying: Look how darling this is, isn't it just beautiful? Hopefully that will work and ONE of them will get the hint. Sigh.... I love this jar and hope to get one like it. :) Thanks for joining us at Craft-Dee Bowz this month! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  31. Adorable, love all the details!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x