Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Sunday 19 July 2015

Enjoy the Journey

Good afternoon all. Arrived home safely last night to an intact, if a little untidy, house. Washing machine has been working overtime and after a trip around with the hoover things are looking more like I left things!

An upcycled stamp block to share today as inspiration for the STAMPlorations stencil Sunday challenge blog.


A few seconds in the microwave to remove the rubber stamp and a willing hubby to drill a hole for me and I was ready to go. After a couple of coats of black gesso I used some design paper to cover the front and back of the block. Words were stamped and embossed with black detail EP. Background was stamped in various distress inks. I then used the Shutters stencil and texture paste on the sides, covering with embossing powder before drying and heat embossing. Photo holder was bought from Ebay.

A close up of the stencilling.



Challenges entered:
Recycle, Re-Purpose and Re-Invent - anything goes
Rhedd's Creative Spirit - anything goes
Altered Eclectics - anything goes
Simon Says Stamp Monday - anything goes

17 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! Glad to hear you arrived home and the house wasn't too bad.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to use up all those wooden stamps Carol. This is great. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a genius way to reuse those old stamp blocks! Such a gorgeous design and I really like the way you used the stencils on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome idea x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've returned from almost 3 weeks away myself. Almost done the laundry. Love your idea of the up cycled block. Very creative! Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Blog. Cheers Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so clever! thank you for linking up to the july "anything goes but must recycle" challenge at doodle artifacts! xo from, michele, july guest artist

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great way to use your old wooden stamp block Carol, just right for a holiday photo.
    I hope hubby is recovering.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing idea Carol! A great mixed media project. :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aren't these stamp blocks great to use...I don't think I have any rubber stamps left on the wood now...
    Loving yours....
    Thank you for joining in with our challenge over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit...x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant altered stamp block! I've only ever seen one before and I really like the grunge look you've created on this one! Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit ~ Steffi :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a clever use of an old stamp block! This is just so neat, and now you have another little item that will be useful. Love the paste texture and stencil treatment. Glad you are back safely, hope the trip was fun, and TFS & hugs too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this idea and the tip for removing the rubber stamp. Thanks for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is fab! It's making me want to dig through my stamps now to see if I have any nice blocks, lol. Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh this is gorgeous Carol love it hun -
    Thank you for sharing with us over at Altered Eclectics this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit
    DT The Mirror Crack'd
    DT Anything but a Card

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh now I love this idea, what a great use of an old stamp.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Next time one of my stamps dies I will save the block, this is a brilliant idea and so well executed. Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Carol, This is a really fabulous idea, I never though of using old rubber stamp blocks to create Artist Trading Blocks. Thank you for sharing this in the July challenge on Recycle, Re-Purpose & Re-Invent. I love artist blocks and will have to give your idea a try.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x